Friday, September 28, 2007

I'm Walkin' on Sunshine

Woo hoo, K Street Mole is in a very good mood because it's Friday, Huckabee is within spitting distance of his goal of 2,500 contributions by Sept. 30 (but keep 'em coming, and don't forget to email me if you've completed the challenge), and best of all...
I just met my man Mike Huckabee in person for the first time. :-)

It was a great event, and Mike was every bit a personable talking to me as he seems on TV. He told us all a great story about being between flights in the Dallas airport, and he sat down at an information booth that was closed for the evening so he could get a little work done between flights with a comfy chair, tabletop, and place to plug in his laptop. He said about a dozen people asked him where the bathroom or restaurants were. Instead of saying "I don't work here, I'm running for President" he just gladly pointed the way.

That's what a President should be: a man of the people, not "above" the people, who points the way to a better America.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.