Sunday, October 21, 2007

Today's Message for Huckabee Supporters

Today's scripture readings from the Catholic lectionary are so apt that we should all take them to heart as we go forward from now until primary season.

Exodus 17:8-13

In those days Amalek came and waged war against Israel. Moses, therefore, said to Joshua, "Pick out certain men, and tomorrow go out and engage Amalek in battle. I will be standing on top of the hill with the staff of God in my hand." So Joshua did as Moses told him: he engaged Amalek in battle after Moses had climbed to the top of the hill with Aaron and Hur. As long as Moses kept his hands raised up, Israel had the better of the fight, but when he let his hands rest, Amalek had the better of the fight. Moses' hands, however, grew tired, so they put a rock in place for him to sit on. Meawhile Aaron and Hur supported his hands, on on one side and one on the other, so that his hands remained steady till sunset. And Joshua mowed down Amalek and his people with the edge of the sword.

Psalm 121
I raise my eyes toward the mountains.
From where will my help come?
My help comes from the Lord,
the maker of heaven and earth.
God will not allow your foot to slip;
your guardian does not sleep.
Truly, the guardian of Israel
never slumbers nor sleeps.
The Lord is your guardian;
the Lord is your shade at your right hand.
By day the sun cannot harm you,
nor the moon by night.
The Lord will guard you from all evil,
will always guard your life.
The Lord will guard your coming and going
both now and forever.


2 Timothy 3:14-4:2
Beloved: Remain faithful to what you have learned and believed, because you know from whom you learned it, and that from infancy you have known the sacred Scriptures, which are capable of giving you wisdom for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness, so that one who belongs to God may be competent, equipped for every good work.

I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingly power: proclaim the word; be persistent whether it is convenient or inconvenient; convince, reprimand, encourage through all patience and teaching.

Luke 18:1-8
Jesus told his disciples a parable about the necessity for them to pray always without becoming weary. He said, "There was a judge in a certain town who neither feared God nor respected any human being. And a widow in that town used to come to him and say, 'Render a just decision for me against my adversary.' For a long time the judge was unwilling, but eventually he thought, 'While it is true that I neither fear God nor respect any human being, because this widow keeps bothering me I shall deliver a just decision for her lest she finally come and strike me.'" The Lord said, "Pay attention to what the dishonest judge says. Will not God then secure the rights of his chosen ones who call out to him day and night? Will he be slow to answer
them? I tell you, he will see to it that justice is done for them speedily. But when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?"

Let us prop up the arms of Governor Huckabee with our prayers, thank the Lord his training in the Scripture has made him so competent to lead our great nation, and persist in demanding justice of the earthly judges too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Huckabee bloggers,

My name is Steve Hoven and I am a big fan of Mike's. I saw him first and was impressed with him back in Jan/Feb on "This week" when he was about to announce his bid.

Anyway I am a big supporter and have donated and was one of Mike's guests at the Dearborn Debate on Oct 9th. (I didn't get to meet him though just missed him.)

Anyway I don't have a blog but I did put a few videos on a website that I think are interesting and you may want to share with your bloggers. www.itsaboutideas.com
The top 5 GOP in their own words.

Anyway the real reason for my email is the following...

Let me be blunt. (But know it comes from the heart)

1. Mike's campaign needs more money and they need to have bigger goals. I can't do much about that. (Besides give some etc.. I guess)

2. Mike's campaign store is OVERPRICED for the average voter. $18 for a 1 sided yard sign NOT including shipping and handling COME ON!! People aren't going to pay that unless they are super diehard. Shoot I won't pay that. Bumper stickers $4 no thanks.

I decided to order from someone else.

I just ordered 241 yard signs (2 color/2 sided) at a cost of $3.05 per sign INCLUDING shipping. Add probably $2-4 to mail the sign to a supporter. (wrapped in brown paper) its roughly $5-7 including the wire stake.

Anyway the point of this email is we need that kind of thinking and work from Mike's Bloggers. Not everyone is going to be able to buy 100 signs and sell them at cost but that will definitely get things going in the right direction.

You can see a copy of the yard sign I have at www.MikeHuckabeeStuff.com

Here is the site where I bought the signs www..signelect.com. Ask for Sabrina ext 15 if you order signs she helped me out. (I ordered the plastic kind, you can order the cardboard kind which is cheaper still!) You don't have to order as many as I did but its a start. I am sure you know local people and if you have a meetup group I am sure they can buy a few signs off you.

I also bought 100 bumper stickers off a guy on ebay for $50 including shipping. (.50 each) I am sure people would LOVE to get a bumper sticker for $1 (.50 for mailing it to them and .50 for the cost.)

He is back on ebay and has 100 for sale again. (A little more expense but still a great deal considering.) Do an ebay search for Mike Huckabee bumper stickers and maybe contact him directly if you have more quantity to buy.


This spreads the word about Mike just as much as giving a $1 to huck will.

Lets go bloggers lead the way and get some cheaper tools in front of your audience.

Need help getting the bumper stickers or signs mailed? How about ask your local high school for Gov't class volunteers (kids could get extra credit) Or better yet if you have a home school building have some of those kids help out. They tend to have the same values Mike shares.


How about 15 minutes for Huck campaign. Once we have a bunch of yard signs out there. We do 1 day for 15 minutes Huckabee supporters all go to a busy intersection in their town and wave the huckabee sign for 15 minutes. Just 1 person could be seen by 100's of people in those 15 minutes. Multiply that by 100's of supporters doing it at the same time.

If it catches on could do it once a week etc..

ASK NOT WHAT MIKE HUCKABEE CAN DO FOR you, BUT WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR MIKE HUCKABEE


Also their is a craiglist.com in everyones area clicking on the politics section there are very few posts. Perfect for a Mike Huckabee ad. (free) Not the message board part.

Let me know if I can help in anyway.


Steve Hoven
alleycatnews@aol.com
Grand rapids MI. Meetup group

Anonymous said...

H,

Great words to keep us going when the going inevitably gets tough. Thanks again for all your work at the FRC Straw Poll. I enjoyed meeting you and don't worry-your identity is safe with me.